Countries hit most by Coronavirus by July 2020.
The Coronavirus pandemic broke out in Wuhan, China, in late December 2019. We are now into the 6th month of this horrifying situation and some countries have been hit very badly.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General stated:
“Six months ago, none of us could have imagined how our world – and our lives – would be thrown into turmoil by this new virus.”
Here is a list of the top 10 countries which have been hit the most by Coronavirus, by the 6th month of this global pandemic.
As of July 3, 2020, topping the list of countries most badly hit by COVID-19 are:
- USA: 2,807,102 cases and 131,150 deaths.
- Brazil: 1,476,884 cases and 61,314 deaths.
- Russia: 661,165 cases and 9,683 deaths.
- India: 626,591 cases and 18,226 deaths.
- UK: 313,483 cases and 43,906 deaths.
- Spain: 297,183 cases and 28,368 deaths.
- Peru: 288,477 cases and 9,860 deaths.
- Chile: 284,541 cases and 5,920 deaths.
- Italy: 240,961 cases and 34,818 deaths.
- Iran: 232,863 cases and 11,106 deaths.
(Data courtesy worldometers.)
Dr. Mike Ryan, Executive Director of Emergencies, WHO, said:
“We have a lot of communities with poor health systems and poor living conditions that we need to support. And we need to focus on that.”
In the last week, every day, there have been more than 160,000 New Coronavirus cases. In fact, the past month has accounted for 60% of all the Coronavirus cases in the world thus far.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus added:
“The virus still has a lot of room to move. We all want this to be over. We all want to get on with our lives. But the hard reality is, this is not even close to being over.”
At the time of writing this, there are around 11 million cases and about 525,000 deaths globally, due to Coronavirus.
Ricardo Furtado is a very passionate novelist. He has written many novels – fiction as well as non-fiction. In his spare time too he just loves to write and write.