Though the killer virus has been around since December 2019, there are still some things we do not know about it. So here goes, Coronavirus, a few still unknown facts:
- Can you catch Novel Coronavirus from your pet cat or dog?: To date, there is no evidence that suggests that you can catch Coronavirus from your pet dog or cat.
- Is it possible for a person suffering from Coronavirus, to get infected twice?: There is no clear yes or no answer to this. But, there are a few reported cases of reinfection.
- For how long will the pandemic COVID-19 last?: This is the burning question in the minds of most people all over the world. The answer is, it is not yet known for how long this pandemic is going to last.
- Can face masks help prevent Novel Coronavirus: WHO has recommended that people use face masks. But face masks do not guarantee protection against Coronavirus.
- A Coronavirus infected person can pass on the virus to how many others?: On an average, a person who is infected with the killer virus, can pass it on to 2 or 3 people or even more.
- Will hot weather prevent or stop Coronavirus from spreading?: There was some time initially, when it was believed that the spread of the deadly virus, may stop in a hot climate. But according to the WHO, the killer virus can spread in all weathers.
- Via droplets suspended in the air, can a person catch COVID-19?: As per research studies done, Novel Coronavirus can survive in the air for about 3 hours, from droplets that are suspended in the air, from a person who is infected with the killer virus.
- When will a vaccine be available: Clinical trials are being done in many countries. But when a vaccine will be available, is not known.
Chirag Vasani is Chief Editor for wwbnn. He has been writing online and offline since many years now. When he is not writing, he likes to play golf.